Sign in on the East Coast Earthquake.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
My dh and I didn't feel it but the old dog that gets clingy during storms got all clingy on dh....I was outside hanging laundry and the goats started hollering at....nothing. My father, three miles away, said he thought he was dizzy and was going to pass out, then realized it was not him. Western MA.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So did everyone make out alright after the earthquake? Around here it seems it just scared a lot a people. No real damage, thank goodness. Did anyone experience any problems? Hope all is well. And the animals have calmed down. Bunnies and dog very restless last night due to the aftershocks. The aftershocks were small but the animals could feel it. They sensed it. This morning all was back to normal. Well, with bunnies, normal is an imaginary thing. But it's good to hold on to. :)

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Felt it on the Eastern Shore of MD. Hubby was at home and said the dogs barked just before the quake.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
2 hours west of the epi-center. We most certainly felt it. I was in the kitchen at my house and I was sure windows were going to start to break. I would say the house shook for 8 to 10 seconds. longer than If an airplane were flying too close. more like a train was going by right next to the house.

Not everyone I talked to in the area noticed it. It seemed to depend what kind of building you were in. People driving didn't seem to notice it. My younger son in elementary school at the time, had no idea. My older children both said they felt something, but wasn't sure what it was.

My dogs got up and started acting weird.

We had no damage in our area that I am aware of, but I did hear of a highschool that had a little damage. and road crews are out checking bridges and overpasses.