So does this work for bunnies too?

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:idunno

I have 17 chickens (various ages) but when it's so hot like it is today and will be tomorrow....I put soda bottles and milk jugs of ice in their coop and run to cool them down a bit. I also put ice in my Pekin ducks pool to help them cool off. Does this work for bunnies too? They are only like 7 or 8 wks old and I am new to bunnies so I'm trying to make sure they are comfy. They have a hutch with pine bedding in the box and a run of welded wire...plenty of cool water and all.

Thankx guys for the advice! :hu

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, it works great. I also use frozen bricks or ceramic tile frozen. Works wonders. I have 8) 6 day old kits who are doing fine in our 100+ heat index the last week. My set up is outside and there was a lot of thought into planning trying to keep them as cool as possible in this Missouri heat.
Right now the only one I am worried about is whether or not my buck is going to have a low or no sperm count in a few weeks when we plan to be breeding again. Guess we will find out.
Good luck to you

The lady w/4 dogs, 4 city chickens, 4 meat rabbits, their kits and a lizard

Scissor Chick

Just born
Reaction score
Yes, Just as CityLife said :p

You can freeze a ton of them, line them up in a sertain spot in the

cage, and lay a blanket or somthing over them (you don't have to

lay a blanket over them) and the rabbits will lay on them :)

Scissor Chick

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Along with the water bottles, I freeze veggies and give them on hot days. Some buns lay on them some eat them frozen.

I also freeze left overs for the chickens to eat on hot days.

Latest posts