So have I finally found a good horse? (A few pics added)

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Congrats on the new horse she is gorgeous. It is good to hear you found one that you can really bond with. I joke that my boy is my soul mate. It is really nice to have one you can trust completely and you sound like you are well on your way to that. It will only get better with time and she learns more about you and you about her.

Chickerdoodle13

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My dad took our two geldings trail riding yesterday, but he also took all of my equipment! I was determined to work with sedona so I grabbed our lunge line and a lead rope. Our round pen was pretty slippery, so I only made her walk and jog real easy. I worked on stopping and backing up and she did real well! Unfortunately her front hooves really need a trimming, so I can't do much else until my dad gets the farrier out here (Hopefully in the next couple of days!)

Now of course I've been spending too much time on this other horse forum looking at horse critique pictures and videos. This always gets me scared that one of my guys might be lame (Don't ask me why...I guess its like other people who watch horror movies and then are afraid of ghosts!) When I was jogging my horse yesterday, she bobbed her head a few times, so I spent all of last night looking at videos of horses trotting. Of course I'm pretty sure the reason she bobbed her head those few times was due to the mud and her longer front hooves. I don't always pick up on lameness (mild lameness anyways) and it should be a bigger concern of mine especially with all the slippery mud. It is all too easy for one of my guys to slip while running out in the field and pull something!

I'm hoping to get dressed and call her down from the field so I can work with her again this morning. Its supposed to rain AGAIN tonight! Gah!

Chickerdoodle13

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She's not papered so we aren't fully sure of her background. However, we're pretty sure she's either full or part quarter horse. She's from South Dakota I believe and really she could have anything and everything in her. Even though papers don't make a horse, I really wish she had them so I could see her lineage!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She reminds me of a horse my FIL had but, she was a Belgian and would now be 21 years old.

sweetshoplady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She's a beauty! I love her coloring. What color is she? SHe looks mystical.

I believe in magical ponies. :cool:

Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:weee
You finally found her!!!! Congratulations!!!

I'm so glad you found one for you. I was wondering if you were going to have to use your Dad's older horse, since Stetson and him were bonding so much.

:thumbsup

Jean

Oklabarrelracer

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She sure is pretty. Love her kind eye. She has a front extention movement that is very nice. I'll bet she is smooth to ride. Congratulations on a nice mare.