Sorry - another question :)

Suzy74

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She's a nut. She actually growled at me today. I didn't even know rabbits could growl!
They aren't actually getting out of the nesting box, they're just not down in the burrowed part. Kind of up front on the hay. I'll put them back in the burrow this evening before bed and hope they stay put overnight.

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are probably being disturbed by the doe going into the nesting box, but some are just wanderers.

The doe sounds like a pretty typical protective mama rabbit to me. Growling I will allow, attacking me...not. Some mellow out more with each kindle, some stay the same, and a few get more aggressive, but not for long.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Typically, the kits do not leave the nesting box until their eyes open, unless they are uncomfortable, being anything between starving, too hot, or something in the box with them that is attacking them. Being dragged out of the box while trying to nurse and the mother is getting out is far more common. If the doe is still jumping in and out of the nesting box, it is likely that they are being dragged out.

I forgot about the mom dragging them out. Some of those kids just refuse to let go of that tit lol! That is something that is fairly common though.