Squeeze Chute Project

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i havent had the vet out to the farm in 9yrs.an that was for a C-section on a heifer.with a 125lb heifer calf in her belly.
Do you Bangs vacc your heifers?

so far the beefmasters have had small calves.
Should I bother mentioning that some of us would love to see some pictures of these small beefmaster calves?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
we havent bangs vacced in 20yrs or longer.but im trying to get the reg heifer calves bangs vacc if i can.yall would die when i post pics of the cows an calves.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
The squeeze chute we have is 30++ years old. Probably will still hold a feisty cow, but I'd like to see that for myself.

bizzee, the best way to purchase a squeeze chute is to get a used one, at an auction. The brand new ones are quite a bit of money, but the ones that are sold via auction are a bit cheaper. Same with the crowding tubs and panels.

And the even cheaper method is to build your own. :)

bizzeeb60

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
The squeeze chute we have is 30++ years old. Probably will still hold a feisty cow, but I'd like to see that for myself.

bizzee, the best way to purchase a squeeze chute is to get a used one, at an auction. The brand new ones are quite a bit of money, but the ones that are sold via auction are a bit cheaper. Same with the crowding tubs and panels.

I bet the sqeeze chute and head gate we got for free and are working on (see my page) is probably at least 30 years or more old LOL!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
bizzeeb60 said:
WildRoseBeef said:

I bet the sqeeze chute and head gate we got for free and are working on (see my page) is probably at least 30 years or more old LOL!
The way it's rusted out, yeah probably, though I'd say more than that because of how it is structured...sure a bit different than the one we have! BTW, ours still has paint on... or a little I guess :lol:

Here it is, though I do have a better pic of it, but not on my laptop:

squeezechute.jpg

Edit: here's the best pic I could find of the front part of the squeeze:

DSCF1551a.jpg

Questions welcome. ;)

bizzeeb60

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorta has a little of the look ours does, I am definitely hoping it will look much better once we get it all put back together and painted.

I know the heat and humidity here in Florida causes everything to rust quickly. Even equipment that we have only had for 3-4 years has signs of rust on parts and is ready for repainting already.

bizzeeb60

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well we got started on the Headgate! Check my page to see the progress so far. We are actually getting pretty exceited about it , sofar it seems to be going well (lot of work though) :clap