Storage options

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oops! That last paragraph should read ". . . if they don't finish it off quickly the rats will eat it. Rats then pee and poop on whatever they leave making it inedible for anything else to eat it." If you have rat droppings in feeders, you need to wash them out occasionally to avoid contamination."

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish I had an old freezer. We got rid of our old chest freezer when we bought a new one several years ago. Did not think to use it for grain bags. Will remember that next time. We are not using as much grain with the sheep as we did with our dairy goats. Feeding lb. for lb. grain for milk uses a lot of grain! These Dorpers are easier keepers! Only a cup or 2 of grain each while they are milking for their lambs.

Hideaway Pines

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
wow that is crazy, you have some serious issues - and glad you found the metal cans will protect their food. We live in the deep woods, but I guess our rodents are not as skilled as what you have - we have one of the VV containers on our back porch for our roosters that we are growing out to eat - and nothing has messed with it at all - we are lucky I guess. Sorry you have to deal with all that!!

Latest posts