Stripes Kidding Thread

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's a pretty girl. But, if she were one of my does I wouldn't think she was 7 days away. My does that are still a few weeks out have a lot more udder than she's showing right now. But, she's your doe and that might be normal for her!

Good luck with her when ever she kids!

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah, she might have a little while left. In my experience, she doesn't bag up until right before or right after. She started to bag up a few weeks before kidding when she was on her 1st freshening, but for her 2nd and 3rd, she didn't until the day before/right after kidding. I don't know what she will do this time.

Her bag seems to have shrunk this morning.:idunno I don't know maybe it is just me going crazy.

She is getting even more swollen in her backend. I saw some more white discharge, and her ligaments were pretty soft. I'm going to guess she has at least another 2 weeks left by the look of things, :idunno maybe she will surprise me.

Picture from March 2nd
DSC_0006 (1).JPG

Picture from today. Her Hoo-ha seems to be red, I thought it was a cut but on closer inspection, it didn't have blood and it didn't look like a scratch either.
DSC_0032.JPG

Picture from February 26th
DSC_0007 (3).JPG

Picture from today. Does it look a little smaller to you?
DSC_0042.JPG

I know that it's probably nothing, I am just really worried! At this point, all I want is a healthy mama and babies.
I plan on giving her a clip tomorrow, cause it is going to be in the mid-50s for a while.

Pamela

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you felt kids move?

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, I have but that was a week maybe 2 ago. I will try and feel for kids here in a few. I will let you know the update on her when I get back inside.

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I didn't feel them. Is that bad? Should I get someone to come check her out?

I am gonna go pick up a nice looking bred boer so I'm pretty excited about that!:weeeShe is due this month!:weee

She (Stripe) had a pretty long string of clear goo, but I think that is normal?
Her ligs are still there, pretty soft but still there.

Udder
DSC_0004.JPG

By the time i got the camera and got her to sit still she had rubbed the goo off on a bale of straw, but you can still see it on the fur around her tail.
DSC_0007.JPG

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't always able to feel my goats' kids when they were pregnant. Sometimes they are very good at hiding. :)

Congratulations on your new goat! Looking forward to pictures of her! ;)

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wasn't always able to feel my goats' kids when they were pregnant. Sometimes they are very good at hiding. :)

Congratulations on your new goat! Looking forward to pictures of her! ;)
That is good to know! Unfortunately, I didn't end up getting her. I had the guy who was selling her hold her for me for a little extra money. Then I drove out there. It was about 50 minutes to get there. When I got there I only saw the buck he was selling. After I knocked on the door and he came out he then told me he had just sold her a few minutes before I got there. I said not a single word and just turned around trying my hardest not to go back there and just slap that guy. I drove almost an hour to get a goat that wasn't there and then I drove another hour to get back home. It just made me so angry:somad I even checked right before I left to make sure he was there and ready for me to come.:he

Morning update!
Not much has changed a little more goo, but that is normal for her.
Around her tail was very, very squishy! but ligs were sill pretty hard.
Her udder still seems to be getting smaller, but I'm hoping there will be a BOOM! on one of these mornings.
I'm looking for a colostrum source just in case. Hopefully, it won't come to that but I want to be 100% I am ready for anything.

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's awful! :rantDid you get the money back that you payed him to hold her for you?

yes, luckily I did. I'm still pretty mad about the whole thing, but I'm trying to just forget about it. I was so excited I spent the whole day watching boer birth videos on youtube. lol

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
yes, luckily I did. I'm still pretty mad about the whole thing, but I'm trying to just forget about it. I was so excited I spent the whole day watching boer birth videos on youtube. lol

Awwww, I'm so sorry! That is very maddening. :somad Glad you got your money back though.

Last year during the last few months of my goats' pregnancy I watched many goat birthing videos too. :D

Latest posts