Summer/Fall Kidding Watch =D Bella Kidded 10/2 PICS pg 17

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
OK f i n e here are your fluffy pictures...:rolleyes:

;)

Helmstead Minis E Cauldron (retained for now per the hubby, who is in love with him)
727011.jpg

727013.jpg

Helmstead Minis E Apprentice (available)
727016.jpg

727017.jpg

Goatmasta

Reaction score
Helmstead Minis E Cauldron and I have a deep connection. He was constipated for days 1 and 2, I was kind enough to resolve his problem. :cool:

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
Is it hot where you are, Helmstead? I'm curious if you notice a difference between your winter kiddings and your summer kiddings. Do the kids do equally well? I've had some late lambs the past 2 years and they never seem to thrive as well in the heat as the lambs do when it's cold out. Just curious if you see a difference in your kids.
Just saw this - hot is not the word...Hades comes to mind. Heat indexes have been in the 110+ area for a couple or three weeks, actual temps near 100, and it's in the 90s in the shade. Humid enough to cut, hard to breath and you sweat but there's no point because there's no breeze. We have box fans all over the barn.

All that said, the kids are doing fine. BUT these last 4, born in the crux of it, have been a little slow to the bottle idea and one retained his meconium, which is unusual (a first for us, actually)...so ??. Normally it's not quite this hot, but I haven't had issues in the heat to speak of.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Goatmasta said:
Helmstead Minis E Cauldron and I have a deep connection. He was constipated for days 1 and 2, I was kind enough to resolve his problem. :cool:
It's funny that you say this. I had a little guy here that I had to give an enema to for 10 days straight. He loves me. I love him. We have a bond now.

Having said that, I'm extremely glad to NOT be squirting soapy water up his backside anymore. Though the kids thought it was great to watch him toot bubbles!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Goatmasta said:
Are you Mr. Helmstead? I may be a little slow... :lol:

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
helmstead said:
aggieterpkatie said:
Is it hot where you are, Helmstead? I'm curious if you notice a difference between your winter kiddings and your summer kiddings. Do the kids do equally well? I've had some late lambs the past 2 years and they never seem to thrive as well in the heat as the lambs do when it's cold out. Just curious if you see a difference in your kids.
Just saw this - hot is not the word...Hades comes to mind. Heat indexes have been in the 110+ area for a couple or three weeks, actual temps near 100, and it's in the 90s in the shade. Humid enough to cut, hard to breath and you sweat but there's no point because there's no breeze. We have box fans all over the barn.

All that said, the kids are doing fine. BUT these last 4, born in the crux of it, have been a little slow to the bottle idea and one retained his meconium, which is unusual (a first for us, actually)...so ??. Normally it's not quite this hot, but I haven't had issues in the heat to speak of.
Yikes! Well, hopefully you'll get some relief soon! We had a week of over 106-110 heat indexes, but now it's back down to the low-mid 90's. Sounds like with "normal" summers the heat isn't a problem with the babies.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
Goatmasta said:
It's funny that you say this. I had a little guy here that I had to give an enema to for 10 days straight. He loves me. I love him. We have a bond now.

Having said that, I'm extremely glad to NOT be squirting soapy water up his backside anymore. Though the kids thought it was great to watch him toot bubbles!
You goat people are amazing in what you will do to help your animals when they are in need. I've learned a lot on this site about goats and their care.

Still chuckling about the bubbles. Kids are great aren't they?

Congratulations on your New Arrival!