Summer/Fall Kidding Watch =D Bella Kidded 10/2 PICS pg 17

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
helmstead said:
If you look back at Witchy's boys, those circular patches are moonspots. It's just a color pattern, like pinto or appaloosa markings on a horse...that is desirable because it's flashy. They can be cream, brown or silver and can never occur on white.

Thanks, and yep, goats are great and addictive!
Thanks. You have an amazing herd. I went on your site and saw all the different breeds you have. Please don't laugh at this stupid question, but are these champions through 4-H? I think this an EXCELLENT organization. I think the children walk away having a kinder heart learning to raise livestock. A learned responsibility and hopefully a true respect for that animal.

Nice herd from a city slicker. I have no idea of the "detail" of how they became champion, but they look like fun to watch and raise. The kids are just so small and precious. Yep, it would be interesting to raise a goat.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
CHW DF Susie Q, who was accidentally bred to her half brother before I purchased her, kidded Monday with a single polled buckling. Both parents are polled, so that was expected. His genitalia look completely normal and he is happy and healthy.

The good news is, if you wanted to linebreed that closely, aside from both parents being polled, it was a good linebreeding on a PGCH buck...so at least the kid isn't linebred on something undesirable LOL

Susie
CHWDFSusieQ.jpg

Her half brother, Hocus Pocus
HocusPocus5111.jpg

The buckling, who will carry the breeder's herdname:
susieQbuck001.jpg

susieQbuck002.jpg

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Very cute! Nice when it turns out well.

Next week the goats are getting shorn here so I will email you pictures of the two boys. Cindy's daughter is coming over to help me. I will also let you know how the linear appraisal goes.