Sunset Acres Ranch

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good boy, Cloud! What a great llama! :thumbsup Looks like you've been putting in some hefty hours clearing those trees. Good luck!

Meaghan

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's been a bit slow going lately, but today we had a bit of a disaster. Two neighboring dogs got into the pasture and had a tussle with Cloud. His face and chin is pretty torn up, and he's slightly lame but still weightbearing on one leg, and is going to need several days of antibiotics and wound care.

The long story short was the neighbor's kids were letting their dogs out to go to the bathroom and weren't watching them, and we had only just woken up so we hadn't been outside yet. Their father was angry with them, and paid the emergency vet bill for us.

Poor Cloud. :( It may be his job to guard, but I still hate seeing any animal in distress or pain. He's going to be on banamine and penicillin for a while.

Meaghan

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you @Hens and Roos. It's been a rough day. He was perky enough to fight us for his second penicillin injection this afternoon, and he seems to be bearing weight normally now on his leg.

Off and on all day we've stumbled outside to check on him only to hear the neighbors (their house is about 200ft from ours) reprimanding the kids today about what happened. Both the husband and wife next door apologized profusely for the situation, and that neither of them were home this morning to oversee the kids.

I'm just glad that the kids had sense enough to come get us when the situation went bad, even if it was only 9am on a Sunday. I may live on a farm now, but I am still not a morning person!

Meaghan

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Really sad news for you guys... Cloud unexpectedly passed away this afternoon...

Meaghan

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yea.. He was doing fine at noon and was dead at 3:30 when I went outside to bottle feed the goats... The emergency vet we called on Sunday thinks his tetanus vaccines weren't effective enough or he didn't receive the right booster series when he was young...

Poor Cloud... I don't know what we are going to do without him... We're now tight on money and without a guardian or electric fence... :(

Chivoville

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, so sorry...Maybe the neighbors will compensate you...It sounds like they tried to do the right thing so far