Survival Foods & cooking sprouts?

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So I wanted to ask how you would cook sprouts if you had to in survival situations?

I don't really do this normally; I use the barley fodder sprouts with some sunflower seeds in it also as sprouts for the animals.

It seems that some people do eat the stuff? But nobody says how they actually cook it? And is it a problem to eat sprouts with sunflower seeds in them, since the sunflower seeds fail often?

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Asian cooking has a lot of sprouts in them. My favorite is hibachi style with sprouts, in that case they are just grilled in butter. As long as the sunflowers aren't starting to rot or mold I don't see a problem with them being in the mix, I would just cook well to make sure you kill any ick that is starting.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I eat sprouts, mung bean, alfalfa, and broccoli..... many are aka "micro greens"

Usually I just add them to a salad or for mung beans stir fry or chop suey. I'm rather confused why these would be "survival" foods? I mean if it was survival food I wouldn't bother cooking them, most sprouts taste better raw I would think.