TAGGING

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've read the banana thing, too. But there is a rabbit tattoo bag you put them into and only leave out the head and ears, helps hold them still. Could always practice on a banana peel on horseback or in a bumpy truck..lol.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
how about a permanent marker in the ear? Could just makes shapes or colors to track litters.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
secuono said:
I've read the banana thing, too. But there is a rabbit tattoo bag you put them into and only leave out the head and ears, helps hold them still. Could always practice on a banana peel on horseback or in a bumpy truck..lol.
I had the little buggers swaddled in a pillow case and wrapped and had the obligatory hole for the ear. It still doesn't stop them from flinching, which in turn causes me to flinch, which in turn makes a 1 look like anything from an L to a squiggle. If they were squeezed any tighter they'd pop. :ep Some would let you get several letters in with no problem and then on the 3rd character :barnie

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
lovinglife said:
how about a permanent marker in the ear? Could just makes shapes or colors to track litters.
I have tried this and you have to re-do it every day or every other day as it wears off due to them cleaning their ears....

I will do this for foster kits until their ears are old enough for a tattoo though.

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
lastfling said:
secuono said:
I had the little buggers swaddled in a pillow case and wrapped and had the obligatory hole for the ear. It still doesn't stop them from flinching, which in turn causes me to flinch, which in turn makes a 1 look like anything from an L to a squiggle. If they were squeezed any tighter they'd pop. :ep Some would let you get several letters in with no problem and then on the 3rd character :barnie
I've never seen a tatooer that only does one letter at a time. Ours and the 4-H clubs will hold 4 or 5 letters/numbers.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've got the pen type - similar to a human tattoo type - although the one I have resembles an electric tooth brush with a needle instead of brush and runs off batteries.. You must have the clamp type.

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
lastfling said:
I've got the pen type - similar to a human tattoo type - although the one I have resembles an electric tooth brush with a needle instead of brush and runs off batteries.. You must have the clamp type.
So, are you saying the pen type you have doens't work well?

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
TherapyBunnies said:
lastfling said:
So, are you saying the pen type you have doens't work well?
Nope, I'm saying its more the operator and inexperience. :th

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
lastfling said:
Yes. I like the clamp. Just one squeeze and its done.

Latest posts