Teresa and Mike Lambing Thread Winter 2019 Part2

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had the ewe misidentified - The ewe is one of 4 left that were from our originals and was one of the two really wild ones. She isn't now and never will be tame but she will follow along and doesn't get upset when we handle her twin RAM lambs. We will get weights later for our records but they are close to 8 pounds each like last time when she had a ewe lamb and a ram lamb.

We don't mind rams at this time since this batch of 8 ewes are timed to lamb for the market and we would just as soon have all rams for this batch which means probably not. :)View attachment 57139 View attachment 57140
Are these 2 ram lambs #41 & #42 that you mentioned in LS's kidding thread? They are cute!!!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The 8 senior ewes are settled in to the nursery paddock but it has always been the most comfortable even when the whole herd is in there. With just 8 they have plenty of cover if they decide to use it in both the hoop house in the field or in the shop stall that is 32' x 12' at the end of the shop. We stretched a tarp on the fence that is outside of the stall and I built a quick rack to put a heat lamp in the corner in case the ewes decide to lamb when it's down in the 20's in the next few days. It's one of the safe heat lamps in case anyone wonders. :)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
your 'smart' ewe reminds me of an arab mare that I used to have. she also figured out that the electric fence only hurt for a second or two and would dive head first into my garden and wait there patiently for me to get home from work to let her out. after she had destroyed everything that horses like to eat. lol. had her for 27 years until she fell while playing and bucking in the ice and snow and broke her hip. broke my heart.
congrats on the new little rams. they look great but then all your critters always do.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our #8 ewe had one ewe and one ram long legged lambs. She had an almost 12 ram lamb last March as a FF.

The second picture is the ewe that lambed the other day and the new lambs are in the rear.
TN8 ewe & ram lambs 18 Jan 2019.JPG
TN33 & lambs front 18 Jan 2019.JPG