Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went and picked up Teresa at BNA tonight. Her flight got in at 9:00 but by the time we got out of the airport, it was close to 9:30 and we just got home a little earlier.

I need to remind myself not to try doing a beef brisket when I have to leave for the airport. The brisket was hanging at 170 degrees when I took it off the smoker but then I put it in the oven at 225 degrees so it could finish up. When we got in and I checked the temp and it was just passing 202 degrees which is about perfect.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went and picked up Teresa at BNA tonight. Her flight got in at 9:00 but by the time we got our of the airport, is was close to 9:30 and we just got home a little earlier.

I need to remind myself not to try doing a beef brisket when I have to leave for the airport. The brisket was hanging at 170 degrees when I took it off the smoker but then I put it in the oven at 225 degrees so it could finish up. When we got in and I checked the temp and it was just passing 202 degrees which is about perfect.
Sounds like a perfect time to do it....
Hope she had a better trip home than going out there... and a great visit with the family....

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jan - the difference was night and day. Her first flight left on time and the second arrived exactly on schedule. She did have a great time. Her daughter and the Son-in-Law work for Tesla so there was some wondering if they would be caught up in the layoffs that just happened at Tesla. Both of them are in management and they are still good to go.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think anything can keep Teresa down for long. She had jet lag for a day and then she is up doing max cleaning. :) We will bringing all of the sheep in again in the next couple of days since we need to sort the commercial ewes and the registered since we have buyers coming back next week and they haven't picked out their ewe lambs yet. They were really intent on getting a ram lamb at the same time but we were also pretty insistent that would not work and if they wanted one at that time, it would have to be from someone else.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oshi is definitely setting me up for future pain but I will continue to do what I'm doing. He has decided that ear scratches feel good and I'm the only one giving them to him so he will challenge Maisy's space protecting me to get in range to get more scratches. :) I have no doubt that at some point he is going to get me but so far he has been acting completely tame and has been pretty consistent acting like my other rams. Either way, I enjoy being able to interact with him rather than having to fear him. He doesn't seem to mind the compromise and will put all of his 275 pounds leaning into me for scratches but since I'm not the least bit sensible, I will continue to make him comfortable. I have a good record so far and hope to continue.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are starting to wean the bottle lamb and he doesn't seem to mind as much as those in the field. Of course, he gets feed on a regular basis and I cut grass to bring him and Jack. I'm not sure what we are going to do with Jack since he isn't showing any ram traits and has adjusted to being around people with literally zero issues. We will watch him for another month or so but I'm hoping that he does become another Ringo. Ringo was raised pretty much like Jack so that's a good possibility.