The Graceful Grace lol

danielmmorgan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So to be fair lol that’s how we creep feed, the babies are small enough to crawl through the cattle panels! But my dividing fences are electric strands so they learn they can only go through the the things are not going to light them up! Also to add my perimeter fences have electric on them as well!

Grace was 1 of 3 of a set triplets born in March! She was even so graceful at 3 days old, it was like she was still swimming in the womb and didn’t have to worry about if she had steady legs or not! Unfortunately we lost her mom to barberpole worms and the stress of having triplets and mites it was just too much on her body. The triplets were only a month and a half old but they have 5 other babies their age to help them through life now!!! So we have learned a lot more in the past year that I didn’t know in my past 18 years of raising goats and other livestock!

Happy to be here and hoping I can help someone else in this new continuing education!
IMG_1982.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 26

danielmmorgan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from SE Virginia. Those darned goats -- just like mine!! PLENTY to eat in their field and that ONE PIECE on other side is irresistible🤣. Gotta love'em.
Thanks and nice to meet ya! Oh yeah we have one that was a sympathy situation otherwise I wouldn’t have her. She is a Nubian/boer mix and she can jump field fence stand right beside it from a stand still!!

Attachments

• 1000001566.jpeg
    1000001566.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks and nice to meet ya! Oh yeah we have one that was a sympathy situation otherwise I wouldn’t have her. She is a Nubian/boer mix and she can jump field fence stand right beside it from a stand still!!
And that is why I do not have goats.... bad enough when a 1000-1400 lb bovine decides to go over a fence... and it is usually because they are in heat... or they have been separated from their calf for weaning and they decide they aren't ready to "let go of JR"...... but they do not often just "go over the fence" for the fun of it.... Most of our cattle will find a bad spot in the fence... or a gate is wide open or a temp section of fence comes down... so "gee, why not go exploring?" like the heifers that got out the other night.... the calves will go through strands of wire.... but most of the cows are pretty good at staying put.
Used to farm sit for some friends and their goats were constantly climbing the fence to get the one branch they HAD to have... or putting their heads through the fence and then needing to get "unstuck" due to their horns, or out where they didn't belong....

danielmmorgan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
And that is why I do not have goats.... bad enough when a 1000-1400 lb bovine decides to go over a fence... and it is usually because they are in heat... or they have been separated from their calf for weaning and they decide they aren't ready to "let go of JR"...... but they do not often just "go over the fence" for the fun of it.... Most of our cattle will find a bad spot in the fence... or a gate is wide open or a temp section of fence comes down... so "gee, why not go exploring?" like the heifers that got out the other night.... the calves will go through strands of wire.... but most of the cows are pretty good at staying put.
Used to farm sit for some friends and their goats were constantly climbing the fence to get the one branch they HAD to have... or putting their heads through the fence and then needing to get "unstuck" due to their horns, or out where they didn't belong....
Yeah I have raised a few cows over the years but never had any desire to have a huge herd of cows!