The journey into the abyss of no return

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do not know, maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in on that one. These are barrows on the males from what I am seeing so I need a boar before anything happens. Which I am actively seeking right now.
Sounds like if they do it won't matter then until you want it to in theory. Are you planning on going Berkshire or mieshan or something totally different?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do I see some of them going in the shelter? See, they needed to know that "it wouldn't trap them or attack them or something" !!!!!!! Being raised somewhat "wild" as in out loose and all, their natural instincts kick in to be wary of change and different things.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We always fed until they cleaned it up in about 20 minutes... mostly I started with small ones though... so increased as they cleaned it up and wanted more as they grew... foraging helps them to put on good lean meat and not so much fat, and they get alot out of the dirt and stuff... although you don't have any growing grass/weeds or anything yet...

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Needed a place to put the AC condenser in, since a heat wave hit here at mid 80's and no AC in yet. So I had to drop everything and get busy. Eighties isn't bad, but go sleep in your attic after a day in the 80's and that's temperatures can get up here with no AC.
Right now winter is back...
KIMG03611.jpg
KIMG03711.jpg
KIMG03722.jpg
KIMG03733.jpg