The journey into the abyss of no return

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ended up with city slicker buying a place near here and one day he stopped and asked when I was going to be done tearing 5th wheel down and said I need to hurry it up.
We had a neighbor like that. We are on a private road and he tried to tell everyone on the road what to do. We are a horse area and he and his wife complained about the flies, wondered what could be done to force neighbors to eradicate flies. DH pointed out that our properties opened onto over 100 acres of nothing and that wildlife pooped there and that flies were natural. Next he wanted to set up a group to go around and check out the curb appeal and cleanliness of neighborhood with a view to making complaints to people they thought were not up to snuff. :somad We were renovating a bathroom and had pulled out the old toilet. We set it on our property by the road since we planned to take it and some other stuff to the dump over the weekend. This neighbor stopped and told DH the toilet was unsightly and he needed to hurry and get rid of it. Two days later i painted the toilet hot pink and planted flowers in it just to show him that he couldn't order DH and I around! LOL It stayed there for a couple years. :gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but seems I have a entrepreneur streak in me on whatever I deal with combined with multipotentiality to excel in it if there is a market.
Got bacon seeds to gley a pond and now I'm buying a Berkshire boar to expand, part of this is @Baymule fault, actually I'm going to blame her for all this right down to the zip ties.
I've got 8 months to get it together before the boar is ready to start, but I'm going to turn 40 acres of my property into rotational grazing with farrow shelters and such.

Little bit of a backstory couple years ago I got contracted out to clean a property off that had 5th wheel and junk on it. Well I did and moved the 5th wheel to my property to tear it down, well I got so far and had to stop. Ended up with city slicker buying a place near here and one day he stopped and asked when I was going to be done tearing 5th wheel down and said I need to hurry it up. I took it as insult and in retaliation I never finished it, so every day he had to drive by to look at it. I kept the weeds down so it wouldn't get lost and freshen the mess every few months to keep it looking bad.
Over time I bought the property next to where that 5th wheel was at and the irony is I ended up buying the property the 5th wheel was on from the people who bought it from real estate agent that I cleaned it up for. So there is 60 acres in that area 3/4 mile to a mile from here.
Anywho, I started cleaning the 5th wheel up yesterday and you think the city slicker won after that? Nope that's the place where all my birds are going to go including guinea fowl that I'm going hatch their eggs less than half of a mile from his play house as we call it. Each time he drives out to relax from this big city he is going to hear African geese and guinea fowl going off with a LGD if something isn't right.
Here is a map, the green we own, the magenta is where the pigs will go that we own, the orange dot is where the birds will go, black is where arsehole part time neighbor is at, blue is property with water well I dug we own, grey is BLM land and purple is the 300 acres we want attached to us. We have 124 acres in this whole mess so far. The property between the the green ones and the black one is 60 acres and has natural spring on it year around we might get.

View attachment 107009

All my fault! Hey I’m your inspiration! Hahaha!

On the land you want, look it up on county tax roll. Owner and address will be listed. Write and make an inquiry.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you go to my last video and look at the largest piggy I have here, that one looks almost ready. It's a barrow, I am guessing lacking 50 to 75 lbs, but I am trying to find a livestock scale.
While I am thinking of those oinkers, I think I should plant some of this corn I got here. See how much I can get in this climate.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All my fault! Hey I’m your inspiration! Hahaha!

On the land you want, look it up on county tax roll. Owner and address will be listed. Write and make an inquiry.
Oh I got his information, just buying time as when it's time I will know and feel it. In the mean time funds are percolating in the market. Thought about doing a soft inquiry like a bank does on credit check, ask if I can lease the place then bring up trying to buy the place.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you go to my last video and look at the largest piggy I have here, that one looks almost ready. It's a barrow, I am guessing lacking 50 to 75 lbs, but I am trying to find a livestock scale.
While I am thinking of those oinkers, I think I should plant some of this corn I got here. See how much I can get in this climate.
Ready for what? Pigs go to slaughter at 250-300 pounds.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol:
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 19-29-50 Groundwater Monitoring.png

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am guessing lacking 50 to 75 lbs, but I am trying to find a livestock scale.
Load him in a trailer and weight him. Then unload him and reweigh trailer. That is how the 4-H kids used to weigh their hogs here. It is how DS3 weighed his steer last year. LOL

Pigs go to slaughter at 250-300 pounds.
You can slaughter at 225-230. That used to be the optimal weight for a junior livestock auction hog. Of course, they wanted the meat a little leaner than I like.