The journey into the abyss of no return

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the new well is on a different parcel than your house. Do you have a well at your house? If not, is another planned? How far apart is house & just dug well?

While I'm sure it's vast and pretty, there are real challenges to live there. Your background and determination is totally needed to survive in that isolation. Talk about a "mountain man" ... With heavy equipment -- Hello!! 👍😁

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So the new well is on a different parcel than your house. Do you have a well at your house? If not, is another planned? How far apart is house & just dug well?

While I'm sure it's vast and pretty, there are real challenges to live there. Your background and determination is totally needed to survive in that isolation. Talk about a "mountain man" ... With heavy equipment -- Hello!! 👍😁
Yes it's on a different property about 1.5 miles away with no well at property with the house. I will definitely have to buy a cable tool rig to drill a well at my house as going 150 plus ft is where water might be up here. Property with house is highest property for about 50 mile radius.

Until I get a well at the house this one will work, I will collect water off the roof and use the pond. the pigs are gleying

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So anybody can buy livestock and Neighbors have to fence livestock out as opposed to the owner fencing his in.
Then they can trespass all over your land to round up their cattle that they are half a$$ taking care of.

I do like the Private Property laws in Texas.

Would your neighbor split cost of fence and help put it up?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Would your neighbor split cost of fence and help put it up?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
We are considered the epitome of everything they hate and why Montana is going to hell in a hand basket according to them cause of people like me "non local" destroying their way of life. So no, though however if they hook into my new fence which is why I am putting a space between them and theirs, then they must share the cost of me putting my fence up.
I'm essentially fencing them out and since they don't live on the property there is no adverse possession along with good luck finding the owners as it's in a LLC with some out of county address.
Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 20-28-23 montana.pdf.png

So anybody can buy livestock and Neighbors have to fence livestock out as opposed to the owner fencing his in.
Then they can trespass all over your land to round up their cattle that they are half a$$ taking care of.
Once or twice a year the 30 horses horse they let run free on the BLM that attach to all my properties, yes they do just that. In fact their is two gates from two different land owners to that attach to the property with the well on it and they just cut across it when gathering horses up. Both gates need to come down on both sides of the corner of that property as both sides are off hundreds of feet.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well I cut fence and sorted schit out as I always do metaphorically and literally. Got 12 tons of river rock back there that is 4 inch and larger. Pulled about 1000 gallons of water out at first for the animals and the wife's garden, going to pull another 1000 or more tomorrow for the duck pond and extra till well is up and running. Water isn't that clear cause I scooped sediment out and used a high GPM pump to pull it, when well is functioning it will be filtered and pulled at slower rate to keep sediment out.
After that I will dump the rock in.
Wish I had a drone recording the fun trying to traverse that dump truck back there. Maybe I should get a drone, what do you guys think?
KIMG04133.jpg
KIMG04122.jpg
KIMG04144.jpg
KIMG04166.jpg
KIMG04177.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Drones are fun, we got great video of the ranch early on. Heck I even used it to video dogs working sheep years ago. We got a Typhoon drone 6 props, back then supposedly better than the quad copters - but that was I think 6 yrs ago.
Go for it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Drones are fun, we got great video of the ranch early on. Heck I even used it to video dogs working sheep years ago. We got a Typhoon drone 6 props, back then supposedly better than the quad copters - but that was I think 6 yrs ago.
Go for it.
Looked up that drone and wow, very expensive for nowadays still. I was thinking also of using mine to check on animals across the properties, and keep watch on things. Hear something, send a drone up and it can cut across all this acreage faster and cheaper than I can an ATV. One of my pet peeves is driving across my properties where the driveways aren't at and it's 900' from pole barn to road, flying it is only 300'. When it comes time to put fence up it will help. Stand at one property pin and send drone up from another property pin, shoot an azimuth and that's the way I need to go with t-post or whatever. Cheaper than having a surveyor out here.
If it doesn't get banned, I think this is a great one. Lastly, it will be great in the summer time for when wildfire season kicks off I can spot wildfires and see what is going on.
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-classic-dji-rc?vid=125121

Last edited: