The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm going to call this one Cracklin', my new boar to spread the bacon seeds :gig
KIMG04833.jpg
KIMG04799.jpg
KIMG04888.jpg
My drive home after 400 mile round trip
KIMG04844.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan can give you advice on breeding hogs. She raised hogs. All I ever did was buy feeder pigs and raise them to slaughter. I used to buy them for around $60, but looking at Craigslist, they are $150-$200 now. Once I get a place set up for a few pigs, I’ll start raising feeder pigs again.

Congratulations on your new boar. This breed cross ought to produce some real good pork.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Awe - he’s cute now.
Congrats on your new boar. 👍🏼
Thanks, I already had to chase him twice, he's a hamful and good on escaping. Keeps running to the other pigs and trying to suckle on the gilts tits, must be a boob pig. Right now he is sleeping with them all in there, I need to get him out so I know when he hits about 8 months olds it's time to get busy. Not oops that one is pregnant.
@farmerjan can give you advice on breeding hogs. She raised hogs. All I ever did was buy feeder pigs and raise them to slaughter. I used to buy them for around $60, but looking at Craigslist, they are $150-$200 now. Once I get a place set up for a few pigs, I’ll start raising feeder pigs again.

Congratulations on your new boar. This breed cross ought to produce some real good pork.
Thanks.
Got this little one for $100 and of course the others for $50 a piece, I'm lucky like that.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pigs can be fun. I see prices way different than a few yrs back when I had a few. Sometimes it's dependant on how badly seller needs/wants to sell:lol:
According to "Facebook" market as I see it and speaks volumes, piglets go pretty fast here on the cross breeds and pure ones, the "mutts"of of this breed had fun with this breed and we don't know much don't do well. As for pork, yeah I already got people lining up before they are ready, two in line waiting.