The Lupin Farm Thread: Photos, Stories, Rambling..

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hah, Yeah..

Today we had an issue with the hay loft when my mum fell through the floor of it (kind of). She was thigh deep in the floor on her left leg. I think we've made the decision to retire the barn for good, and just build 3 stable blocks by the house, use one for hay (we get 50 bales at a time) and two for horse stalls.

I want to move the well pump to its own building eventually, but for right now it is stuck in the barn.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Glad your mom is ok. I guess if you are moving everything out of the barn then your water pump does have it's own building! :lol:

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had to take Accio (our housecat) to the vet this morning. A few days ago he had bloody urine, and strained to pee. He had his shots, and the vet gave him a shot of antibiotics to see if it helped with the bloody urine. Vet is unsure as to what is causing it, likely urinary crystals but if it doesn't clear up on it's own, Accio will go back and spend the night and they will take a sample of his pee (he had an empty bladder at the time, so no sample could be taken).

He's clearly not feeling well, he peed himself in his crate and he doesn't usually do that, he also drooled... another thing that is unlike Accio. He has been very quiet, sleeping, which is all out of the ordinary for Accio.

Also, the goats got their CD/T boosters today ;) Boy were they not happy! Cissy was a terror, but Hermione after I straddled her let me quickly prick her.

I talked to the vet about getting some Tetanus Anti-toxin, but he said it doesn't last long in the fridge, is extremely expensive, and really unnecessary in our area if your goats have been vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Gosh, I'm supposed to be posting photos here but all I have been posting is journal-type entries! I'll have some photos tomorrow though, I caught Smokey sitting on the fence post all cuddled up earlier and took a photo:)

Well, the vet came today to look at Luna, give her her EEE/WEE, Rabies, and Tetanus shots. She behaved relatively okay for the shots, except the vet gestured and she pulled back and up but otherwise was alright. The vet reckons she was abused before she got to the auction and to Christine. He said she has awful feet (bad angle, and needs corrective trimming, but we knew that and we are going to be working that into her trimming) and she has awful conformation, another thing we knew. He did mention she DOES have a clubfoot, which again, we figured, and that he thinks she certainly does have arthritis in her back end. He recommended adding MSM to her diet as he has had some good results with it, and putting her into light work to build up her muscle-definition in her back end. He said she can and should be ridden lightly at least once a week, trail riding, walk-trot.

Otherwise though, Luna is happy and healthy!

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We got our first EE egg today, it's a seafoam green!

eeegg.jpg

And, I caught Smokey scouting out mice in the field the other day, doesn't he look content?

smokey_post.jpg

Latest posts