Totally New

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup, that is the pretty blue eye of the love of my life, Joe, my horse. We don't raise cattle, I like cows and have raised them before, but now have sheep. They are smaller and easier to handle!

Joe is 28 years old.

IMG_1876.JPG

These are our other two horses, Prince the stocking legged chestnut is 8 years old. Sparkles is the dark bay Tennessee Walker, she is 30 years old and retired.

IMG_1868.JPG

GM Forsythe

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome from another East Texan! :frow

I got my 2 LaMancha Dairy goats from her. I'm milking and getting about a gallon a day. We h.ave a cream separator and cream, to make butter with. I also make mozzarella & Chévre cheese, and eventually want to make other types of aged cheese.

Wow! You jumped in,with both feet, when you got two bottle baby dairy goats! You have a steep learning curve, and have a lot to learn. But Latestarter has gotten y'all off to a great start. Just keep hanging out here, on BYH and asking questions. We have some really knowledgeable goat people here.

Thanks much for the encouragement! A gallon a day!!! That is awesome!!

My girls seem happy and pretty well-adjusted and healthy. I am going to try to get a couple of photos put up here. I saw no reason to disbud them. I'm not into showing; I just would like them to be happy, healthy, and productive. I LOVE goat cheese!!

GM Forsythe

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yup, that is the pretty blue eye of the love of my life, Joe, my horse. We don't raise cattle, I like cows and have raised them before, but now have sheep. They are smaller and easier to handle!

Joe is 28 years old.

View attachment 39610

These are our other two horses, Prince the stocking legged chestnut is 8 years old. Sparkles is the dark bay Tennessee Walker, she is 30 years old and retired.

View attachment 39609
Gorgeous animals!!