Trailer Conversion

LonghornChris

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, but not that new to goats. We have a small hobby herd of goats and no stock trailer. Back when we started I bought a very used cargo trailer off of Craigslist for $600. I used a circle cutting drill bit and put in those butterfly vents that are seen in older stock trailers. I put a rubber mat on the floor that I can pull out to clean. Bonus, it is light enough to move around the barn by hand. I can haul 5 or 6 adult full size goats or 10+ kids easily. Great on the budget.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
For now, untill we can afford a proper small trailer that I can tow with my SUV . We are just going to use our livestock trailer , and make double trips with the truck back and forth from the fair , to drive the sheep there, and also the RV. We are not willing to put more money in to this trailer, we have plenty of other uses for it , so its not a total waste :)

Wait what fair are you taking your sheep too? Our fairs are all canceled.

belenom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
The sealant idea is not a bad one. My wife and I used it when we repaired our motorhome. She likes everything in comfort, and I wouldn't want to wake up to a water leak somewhere. We travel a lot, and of course, the temperature and weather are different, so you have to be prepared for any conditions. That's why before long trips, we check our motorhome and modify or repair it. This time we put sealant Go here to read more in case you need it. Because last time we got a little flooded. I don't want it to happen again.