1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hoof trimming help - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Udder Question

Discussion in 'Everything Else Sheep' started by WolfeMomma, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jul 18, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

mystang89 said:
    Wait, that's WITHOUT milk?!:th

Oh she has milk in there, she's just never been bred so not really fresh.

That is the largest unbred udder I have ever seen. :D =D I sometimes get a tiny one on a youngster, more the size of the lamb shown...but, that girl -- wow!

My buck has formed milk in his later years. Never as a young one but, at about 3-4 that were so obvious, at least. One day I noticed extra appendages...looked and wow, both teats had expanded. They stayed. And yes -- he is from a genetically heavy milking line of Nubians! Needless to say, his daughters have been prolific producers. But my Saanen moms are, also. Double fun.

At first, looking from behind, I just thought -- WOW what happened to those testicles to swell like that! :lol: Surprise!

Maybe it is more prevalent in some breeds?? My Saanen buck is also heavy milk lines -- one of reasons he was bought -- but, sire & grsire there...no udders. :D =D

mystang89 likes this.