Un-banding immediatly?

KBauza

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My sister picked up her little buck today. While they ran in to get his paperwork they also banded him. Our intention was to breed him to someday. Can the band be removed? It's been about 15 minutes since it was put on.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Difficult to say...with constricted blood flow, cells begin to die very quickly. It's a question for a vet IMO.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Difficult to say...with constricted blood flow, cells begin to die very quickly. It's a question for a vet IMO.
Agree

Was the plan to breed him not disclosed? Was the goat being advertised as a wether or buck?
Many breeders like myself wether bucks that we feel are not breeding quality.

KBauza

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Agree

Was the plan to breed him not disclosed? Was the goat being advertised as a wether or buck?
He was advertised as a buck and we did speak about banding where I told her I would breed him. It appears to have been a miscommunication between the lady I talked to and her husband. I did speak to our vet and he said as long at it was not on for more than a couple hours it would be fine to remove. We had it off in under 45 minutes. There is no swelling or discoloration and he will be seen tomorrow.

KBauza

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Agree

He was advertised as a buck and we did speak about banding where I told her I would breed him. It appears to have been a miscommunication between the lady I talked to and her husband. I did speak to our vet and he said as long at it was not on for more than a couple hours it would be fine to remove. We had it off in under 45 minutes. There is no swelling or discoloration and he will be seen tomorrow.