URGENT PLEASE: Nose Bleeding With Some Mucus/Pus, Lethargic & Fits - HELP PLEASE 🙏

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I feel sick to my stomach thinking she was probably poisoned!! 😭 😭 😭 😭

It was a horrible tortuous death.

She couldn't have gotten into any rat poison, not on our property. She was penned , always. We would cut scrub for her, both from our property and also from a neighbors property next door. As far as we are aware they haven't used any pesticides...but you never know. It's been the kid's job to cut scrub for the goats every day. Maybe they accidentally cut and fed her something they shouldn't have? I'll be taking over that job from now on, just to be careful.

I'm about to go check if our feed is moldy. I don't think so though because we keep it bagged inside a trash can, and we buy new food every week or so. I'll check our hay too.

I've bought Albendazole for the 2 week old doelings to worm them...just need to check up that it's ok from what age.

Thank you EVERYONE for your kindness helping me to figure out the cause of Khaleesi's death. Really, really appreciate your attention to this ❤️ 💙 💜 💖

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
ok...I've quizzed the kids about where they were cutting brush from. Yes, they had been getting it from our neighbors bare land. And, it probably had baby snails on some of it. It's the monsoon season here at the moment. Snails...could that be it? Her death is haunting me and I can't rest until I understand what happened 😞

Photo added of the neighbors land. Some parts are flooded.

I'm going away in 7 weeks time, away for 6 weeks. I'm loathe to get the kids to cut brush for my remaining goats while I'm away, fearful of this happening again. They'll be fine with just hay and grain for 6 weeks?

Attachments

• 16581366207582205277347168853732.jpg
    16581366207582205277347168853732.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 54

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss and for the suffering the goat ... and also YOU ... went through.
I do not have goats, but we have sheep along with cattle and other animals. It still hurts to lose one.

They will be fine with only hay and grain. Safer to be sure of what they are NOT eating by mistake. Many animals never get all the nice greens and such that you have been giving them. Rest easy that they will do fine on hay and grain when you are gone, and will be happy to see you and then you can be sure of what they are getting.
I know that snails cause some diseases/problems in animals but am not up to speed on things like that.

I think you did all you could considering the situation. Don't beat yourself up over something you just could not fix with what you had to deal with. She will be there waiting for you someday....and not blaming you for her passing.

Latest posts