Urinary calculi

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Calculi & bloat can both be painful and both can cause death. if the bladder does leak/rupture, it will contaminate his gut and takes a few days to completely shut him down. You could wrap a white towel around him and if he pees it will show Do we think you have correctly diagnosed? Can't say that but for sure not peeing is not good....and that is a sign of blockage, can't go. IF IT IS calculi and he is not fully blocked, there is a very slight chance you can work to get them dissolved & he mat get enough relief through his ever slightly open urethra to prevent rupture. Maybe enough to save his life. Maybe.

I don't know what else to suggest beyond the vet as we cannot evaluate him. It is sad for you to be in this position and I hope things take a turn for the better, especially since a vet does not appear to be an option. Prayers for you both. Let us know what happens.

Honestly I thought it was too late a week ago. He just keeps plodding along. He looks sick now, if I hadnt seen him last wednesday looking like he was struggling to pee I would have assumed pneumonia or something. His right eye is ooxing mucous. He has little appetite, is withdrawn. He released a little stool today and it was blood tinged. Maybe my local vet who put down my two day old goat with a brain issue can help in some way.

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok well right this moment he is up, with his head through the fence drinking out of a water trough. I noticed a bit of blood in the little stool i saw him release this morning.

Here is the new development. I see drops of fluid slowly coming out of his penis. IF his bladder burst or leaked, could this fluid be somehow going around his urinary tract and leaking out (he will be put down) or is that not possible at all and he needs antibiotics and treatment?

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CALL YOUR VET, PLEASE. He need help -- either treatment for something (??) or humanely euthanized if a big issue.
I did. The local one who put down my defective baby was too busy.

The other livestock vet was supposed to call me back but did not.

The little guy is gone now.