VA State Thread!!!

Chicks in VA

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So, I think BYH needs a state thread, and now there's one!!!

If you are in VA and need a pig let me know
I'm in amherst and have 50 pigs and 45 are for sale!!

They take about a year to become eating size but make a great pet as they are around 315 at the max
If you want/need more info let me know
I can get pics ect.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
What breeds do you have? Curious. My area has always had a lot of pigs. Being 30 miles from Smithfield .... Yeah, piggy, piggy

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm in NoVa and have mini moos & mini sheep. They'll always be small & can be pets until you get tired of their antics & turn them into stew. Also have rabbits that could be pets until they scratch you one too many times & into the crockpot ya go!
I had silver fox rabbits for about 6 months. It was the scratching that made me decide raising rabbits was not my thing! 🤣

Disclaimer: I am not in Virginia, but I am glad you guys have a state thread now!

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, I think BYH needs a state thread, and now there's one!!!

If you are in VA and need a pig let me know
I'm in amherst and have 50 pigs and 45 are for sale!!

They take about a year to become eating size but make a great pet as they are around 315 at the max
If you want/need more info let me know
I can get pics ect.
How much per and what breed?? Looking to add pigs, had some a 2yrs ago but they’ve long since been eaten😂

Chicks in VA

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What breeds do you have? Curious. My area has always had a lot of pigs. Being 30 miles from Smithfield .... Yeah, piggy, piggy
Um where do I start
They are mutts
They have Kune kune, magaliesta (dont know how to spell it), small bit of ole spot and tamsworth
and a few other but my PFP is bacon (one of our breeding sows)

and one asibal

I dont know how to spell these at all!

I'm in NoVa and have mini moos & mini sheep. They'll always be small & can be pets until you get tired of their antics & turn them into stew. Also have rabbits that could be pets until they scratch you one too many times & into the crockpot ya go!
cool
How much per and what breed?? Looking to add pigs, had some a 2yrs ago but they’ve long since been eaten😂
it depends on what size
we have pigs from like 50-315 for sale
If you want the boar, he is 315 and making piglets like FRICKING crazy!!
South of Petersburg :frow
cool
Shenandoah valley area of western Va. Cattle, chickens, sheep, have had about everything at one time or another.:frow
I have been In your area before!!!