Venomous Snake Control?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guineas will kill some, tho size can determine if they will. They do not like them, because they nest on the ground, like quail, and most snakes will eat eggs....so, they are very watchful. Just be prepared to lose some periodically, because they will be attacked. Owls get them while they are roosting in trees....fox, bobcat, and coyotes get them usually on the nest. If they smell your scent around their nest they will leave it and make another. You don't want to empty the nest either, leave about 1/3 of find in the nest, or they will move, too.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@LMK17, yep DH is fine now although it did take a couple 2-3 months for the swelling and after effects to work their way out of his system. Learned his lesson the hard way. The dogs recovered in much quicker time.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The swelling in my foot and lower leg from the copperhead bite never did go complete back down to previous size, but the doc said at the time, that it might not.
I usually leave some snakes be, but recently blew a big rat snake off my birdhouse/feeder post with #7 20ga as he was climbing up to get to eggs.