Wanting an lgd

BoboFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but one thing I've gotten out of your posts is that you need to work on your kids respecting your dogs. You say the one dog bit your daughter out of nowhere. You said he was having seizures. Clearly he had medical issues and should have been treated as such, not as a pillow. He very likely knew exactly what he did and could have done worse. Whether a dog is food aggressive or not, children should not be allowed to play around a dog with food. Accidents happen and little kids fall and stumble all over the place. I know, I have a 2 and 3 year old. Dogs need a safe place to eat and rest away from kids. I hate the new thinking that dogs should allow anyone to pester them or not be afraid of anthing. They're animals and have likes and dislikes just like we do. So, my opinion, before you get another dog, LGD or not, you need to work on reteaching your kids how to act around dogs.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
We currently live on two hundred acres, our goats can go on that but the birds have access to only to 60000 sq foot area there also cattle on the property.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but one thing I've gotten out of your posts is that you need to work on your kids respecting your dogs. You say the one dog bit your daughter out of nowhere. You said he was having seizures. Clearly he had medical issues and should have been treated as such, not as a pillow. He very likely knew exactly what he did and could have done worse. Whether a dog is food aggressive or not, children should not be allowed to play around a dog with food. Accidents happen and little kids fall and stumble all over the place. I know, I have a 2 and 3 year old. Dogs need a safe place to eat and rest away from kids. I hate the new thinking that dogs should allow anyone to pester them or not be afraid of anthing. They're animals and have likes and dislikes just like we do. So, my opinion, before you get another dog, LGD or not, you need to work on reteaching your kids how to act around dogs.)First the dog had strokes and not always nor was he having one right then. Second he was laying down with her. My kids know not to hurt the dogs. I was just saying my son likes to pick up dog food the dogs got feed outside.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry if any of this came of as rude or harsh its been several sleepless night and I been cranky being this far along i am ready to be done lol I am 10 months pregnant

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:ep:th TEN months?!?!?! Dang lady... it's past time to let that youngun' out of the incubator!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah I agree my other son decided to stay in a week over seems like his brother got the same ideal. I am beyond ready to give birth!!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry if any of this came of as rude or harsh its been several sleepless night and I been cranky being this far along i am ready to be done lol I am 10 months pregnant
My mom had my little sis go a whole month over...:hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Mom said I was a month overdue too. You will get relief soon and then you can give lots of hugs and kisses to your new baby.