Watering with nipples

BJ37

Just born
Reaction score
Getting ready to order some water nipples for my chickens. While I'm at it, would also like to get some for rabbits. In researching, it appears there is a difference between the ones for rabbits and chickens. What is the difference, and is it important, if so in what ways? Are some acceptable for both? There are big price differences between them, and also between the ones for the same animal. Will rabbits chew on the ones made with plastic, or should I use brass ones? What good and bad experiences have you had? TNX.

ZippyTheHappyChimp

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Chicken waterers have more plastic, and typically have a larger.. lever-thingy.

According to a couple of youtuber's who've tried it, rabbits will chew, and eventually destroy the plastic, causing them to leak.

Both chicken and rabbit/small animal waterers cost about the same on ebay (and are far FAR cheaper than from BASS or the other retailers). It's pretty clear that the EBay'ers are just buying 1k or 10k lots from alibaba.com or the like, and then parting it out as needed.

The biggest question then is if you trust the build quality or not. Considering the same factories are almost certainly producing the ones that the big retailers eventually buy, I personally consider it moot.

Latest posts