what breed is my buck

outdoorhoney

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He doesn't pass out he looks like he is fainting it only happens when he gets very scared like when I try to trim his feet or move him around the pasture in then when he gets excited he faints not pass out

It sounds to me like he is part Myotonic and looks to be so too. I wouldn't worry about taking him to the vet right away but I would keep an eye on him for any unusual behaviors that may indicate he is not well. As for studding out a non-papered buck - generally speaking, people are not as interested in breeding with a non-papered buck but that doesn't mean that it's a lost cause. There are plenty of people who are willing to stud with a non-papered male if the circumstances are right. You may just have to connect with other "goat people" and test your waters but as long as he is healthy then there is always a chance. :fl

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He doesn't pass out he looks like he is fainting it only happens when he gets very scared like when I try to trim his feet or move him around the pasture in then when he gets excited he faints not pass out

I have two fainting goats, and they used to faint just the way you said your buck does now. Mine have learned to lean up against something, or to brace their legs, when their muscles tighten up. I agree with @Alibo, he looks like a Silkie Myotonic. I love his colors!

Here are mine:
IMG_9529.JPGIMG_9679.JPG