What can get CAE from a positive goat?

Beatz

Herd lurker
Reaction score
What can consume CAE positive milk?

Unfortunately a doe that was sold to me as negative is, in fact, positive for CAE, and I didn't know that until she had raised her 2021 kids. :(
She's a very nice beautiful doe and so are her doelings, so I'm going to try bottle feed in 2022 to avoid CAE etc

I know CAE milk is fine for humans to drink, but I can't consume 3 goats worth of milk! Lol

I know goats and sheep can't have CAE milk, but what about cows, pigs, felines, canines, rabbits, other/etc?

If cows and pigs (etc) did contract their respective version of CAE would it matter or be symptomatic in the time frame of being raised specifically for the freezer?

(I don't want to cause an animal any harm, and I also would feel guilty just wasting it.)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What can consume CAE positive milk?

Unfortunately a doe that was sold to me as negative is, in fact, positive for CAE, and I didn't know that until she had raised her 2021 kids. :(
She's a very nice beautiful doe and so are her doelings, so I'm going to try bottle feed in 2022 to avoid CAE etc

I know CAE milk is fine for humans to drink, but I can't consume 3 goats worth of milk! Lol

I know goats and sheep can't have CAE milk, but what about cows, pigs, felines, canines, rabbits, other/etc?

If cows and pigs (etc) did contract their respective version of CAE would it matter or be symptomatic in the time frame of being raised specifically for the freezer?

(I don't want to cause an animal any harm, and I also would feel guilty just wasting it.)
Were you able to figure this out?