What do you drive?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha! There's now three less of them! The Taureg (some sort of V8 Volkswagen) got hauled out of the sheep pasture since they finally ate enough of the grass away that we could find it again and get it out of there. It's actually fairly new and fairly fancy, but it needed a tail light to pass inspection and there's no parts dealer around here. It got sold to someone who doesn't seem to care about tail lights.

A little gray car was sold yesterday. An Echo, I think it was? Small, gray, standard transmission, hand crank windows, really good stereo, really cold air conditioning and a basic gutless wonder. It needed a few more rubber bands in it's motor to get up most hills with any panache at all. It went off to be a learner's car for a teen ager. Pretty good choice since they probably won't be able to get it to go fast enough to cause trouble. Oh, and you have to hold the lever in fourth gear so don't use forth a lot. The highest speed limit on our island is 55 mph, so they don't need fourth much. It will be a very educational car.

The Ford Explorer got sold, too. Yay! Another big one gone. It got replaced by a newish hybrid Highlander so we still have a 4WD tow vehicle. Much better gas mileage. So the only ones left around here are the newish Highlander. It's a gold colored SUV, I guess it is. Rides somewhat like a truck, though. There's the green Prius which I like better than the red Honda Accord, but we may keep the Accord and sell the Prius. And the van, it's a fancy sort that opens and closes doors by pressing a button and the seats all fold away into the floor. We've been using it as a storage closet, though, for the past couple of years. Be nice to get it gone so we can use the driveway to park cars that we use. Dunno why it's been sitting in the favored close to the house spot, but it's annoying.

So either the little green Prius or the red Accordian will get sold, then the van and then we will be down to just two cars! Woot! More room! Now we can collect lawn tractors or something else, something hopefully smaller.
:lol:

Marvelous!!

Latest posts