What should I feed my Nubians?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same dose and like others have said 1 month prior to kidding and different vets have different protocol.
We give ours at 3-4 weeks and again -3-4 weeks after that. Some vets like a 6 month booster in the first year. We don't do that.

Tiffany L

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My "farm vet" isnt really much into goats unfortunately and he's the only one local - hence why I'm kinda turning to you all :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Forgot to add. When a doe is pregnant check her fecal abouut 3-4 proior to kidding. The hormones cause an increase in parasite load. Sometimes, if the load is high, it is better to de-worm at that time so the goat isn't struggling to produce milk and take care of her kid/s. Again 3-6 weeks after is also a good time to check. Use only dewormers that are safe in pregnancy.

Tiffany L

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Is there any ways to tell if a goat is bred w/o an ultra sound? I purchased a goat a month ago whom is supposedly bred and due early March according to previous owner. However, the doe was housed w/ the buck and she's not 100% sure? Didn't know if anyone has any "at home" ways.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The best way to tell if she "settled" is whether or not she is still having heat cycles. If no heat than probably pregnant.
How long have you had her again?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just keep an eye on her and see if she goes into heat. If not then try to calculate at what point she was with the buck. I think you said she might be due early March.
Cool if she is already bred!:)

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I use Manna Pro, my goats like it and they look great. I feed a good quality hay, fresh water daily, Manna Pro loose minerals free choice. Bicarbonate of soda free choice, and 2 measuring cups of 16% protein goat feed once a day. We have a large ranch with lots of browse for them to eat. I have 15 Nubians. Didn't breed this year cause hubby had health problems, but next fall will get a couple bred.