What to look for?? Help

VelvieLilly

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'd say I've probably read just about every post/thread on the internet about goat birthing, but I still can't find what I need, or I just don't understand it.
My goat is a pygmy, she's 3 and was due in early june . . it's july and still no baby.
She's my second goat who has had a baby, but the doe who had the baby had been at my grandma's barn for awhile and I didn't get to look at her much, So I don't know what to look for.
Also I can't go by her udder, cause since March (when i got her) to now it has not dried up, but then I don't know how long it takes for the udder to dry up.

From what I've understood of what I've read on the internet these are the changes I've noticed.

-Her ligaments are seeming to bend??
-She waddles, and looks miserable.
-Somedays it looks like the baby(ies) have dropped and other times it doesn't.
-Her umm . . .lady part looks . . .longer?

VelvieLilly

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My uncle got her for me, and he said when he went to pick her up that there was like 40 goats in a huge pasture, so I have no clue, but we were told she was due early june, and from like march 27th to april 24th we had a little buckling here with her as a friend (I have since decided, no more unwethered boys . .) and he never tried anything with her, but when we gave him to a family member he tries all the time with there doe.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well...you could have a while to go yet ;)

Based on your description I would think that she should go within maybe a month - give or take :lol:

Goats will drive you crazy at times!

vegaburm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If she was just in the field then the other owner has no real idea when she was bred. She may have seen a breeding that didn't take and then the doe was bred later...there's just no way to know in that kind of situation. You're just going to have to be patient. The babies won't stay put forever!

Latest posts