What's for dinnner? Anyone we know? :)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Just a quick lunch break laugh for you all.

My family and I were in the backyard doing a few chores while the kids played with the goats and dog. We were getting pens ready for meat chicks, staking trees, and what not. Julia, playing with Charlie, suddenly stopped dead, looked up at us with the most serious and pathetic expression on her baby face and asks, "He isn't a meat dog, right?"

:lol:

Well, she sure put that together...we have goats we keep and goats we eat, chickens we keep and ones we eat....why not this big, fast growing dog. Poor girl. Gave her some much needed reassurance that Charlie is not going on the table.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:

That should go in one of those "Kids say the funniest things" columns you see in magazines. The only thing is, only us rancher types would undestand the humor.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was very confused about why you put this post under livestock guardians.....:lol: thanks for sharing!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Julia....but you can see she "gets" it about raising livestock for meat...so glad she knows that Charlie will never be on the menu...kids are so smart and cute! :love

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You do understand that dog IS on the menu in the Asian countries ! :old

Latest posts