When is my pig due

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Again, really hard to guess but I would say within a week or less ???? Gilts are so hard to tell... Sows usually "drop" like that within 24-48 hours .....at least mine used to. I always figured pigs from the sows within 3 days after the udder "dropped"....If you got her the last day of April, and she got caught right before you got her, then 3-3-3 rule would make it around the 18-20th... you don't have far to go....

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Again, really hard to guess but I would say within a week or less ???? Gilts are so hard to tell... Sows usually "drop" like that within 24-48 hours .....at least mine used to. I always figured pigs from the sows within 3 days after the udder "dropped"....If you got her the last day of April, and she got caught right before you got her, then 3-3-3 rule would make it around the 18-20th... you don't have far to go....
She just laid down mid poop...finished pooping laying down, then peed on herself laying down.....she killing me lol

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could see pigs in the next 24 hours then. Most are more sanitary minded than that normally... You might want to "clean up behind her" so if she doesn't get up and move around, and starts to farrow now... that there isn't any manure behind her..... she might be at the point of "I don't care, just get it over with"... most of mine would make a "nest" and pull straw and stuff up and hollow it out and be rather moody and protective... just watch that she doesn't get grumpy and snappish...

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You could see pigs in the next 24 hours then. Most are more sanitary minded than that normally... You might want to "clean up behind her" so if she doesn't get up and move around, and starts to farrow now... that there isn't any manure behind her..... she might be at the point of "I don't care, just get it over with"... most of mine would make a "nest" and pull straw and stuff up and hollow it out and be rather moody and protective... just watch that she doesn't get grumpy and snappish...

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I did clean up behind her. Only thing she has done is build a huge dirt hole in the farrowing yard. After the poop and pee incident , she went to lay down and munch on grass. Lol