Where to find the breed I want??

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
There will be no charge for admission.

Yes, I meant the shows in March, I apologize for not stating that.

You should be able to find someone selling Chins. They are a popular breed.
Now, whether they will have something for sale on show day or not, I'm not certain, but you could at least hook up with a breeder and arrange a future purchase.

As for cross bred buns, you most likely won't find those for sale at a show. I haven't personally ever seen crossed for sale at show.
For this, you want Craigslist or the like... Try an Auction barn too, there is Danny's Auction in MA.

IF you cannot make it to the shows because of work (I know ALL about that, my husband works every Sunday and we always to juggle show days), I can scope someone out for you and get you the contact info..
Or even pick up a rabbit for you if you know exactly what you want (buck, doe, both) and then you could come get them from me or meet me in Swansea where my husband works to pick them up.

Let me know, I will definately be at both shows.

:D

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
JoieDeViveRabbitry said:
There will be no charge for admission.

Yes, I meant the shows in March, I apologize for not stating that.

You should be able to find someone selling Chins. They are a popular breed.
Now, whether they will have something for sale on show day or not, I'm not certain, but you could at least hook up with a breeder and arrange a future purchase.

As for cross bred buns, you most likely won't find those for sale at a show. I haven't personally ever seen crossed for sale at show.
For this, you want Craigslist or the like... Try an Auction barn too, there is Danny's Auction in MA.

IF you cannot make it to the shows because of work (I know ALL about that, my husband works every Sunday and we always to juggle show days), I can scope someone out for you and get you the contact info..
Or even pick up a rabbit for you if you know exactly what you want (buck, doe, both) and then you could come get them from me or meet me in Swansea where my husband works to pick them up.

Let me know, I will definately be at both shows.

:D
Thanks i will know more the closer we get to that date. I have to admit between chicken people and rabbit people Im getting some realy good info. Thanks . How much do you think an American Chin would run for? Thanks Scotty

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
From what I have personally seen, you are probably looking at between $35 for pet stock and $60+ for really nice stock.
Are these going to be for pets or show/breeding?

I just searched the ARBA site for AC breeders and only found 3, two in CA and 1 in VA.

I will see if there is a New England Chin club or something and get back to you...

Keep in mind that if you cannot find anyone with them you may have to travel for them.
I drove 600 miles one way for my starter stock when I got into French Angoras. It was SO worth it though!

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is all new to me but was thinking of shows but then again I'm not even sure if I'm going to like the shows.LOL who am I kidding I know I'll like the shows. :) I'm looking for a hobby . I'm not stuck to any sertain breed yet. I like the look of the American chinchilla rabbit. I also like the wild looking rabbit too. So I'm hoping by going to a show I can see and talk to people about the different breeds. Thanks Scotty

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get your butt to a show, any show and just look around... Find what you like.

When you find a rabbit that stops you in your tracks, gives you cold sweats and/or makes you drool on yourself... Well you've found the breed for you.

Or maybe you're just nuts like me ;) Good luck!

:gig

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
JoieDeViveRabbitry said:
Your best bet is to get your butt to a show, any show and just look around... Find what you like.

When you find a rabbit that stops you in your tracks, gives you cold sweats and/or makes you drool on yourself... Well you've found the breed for you.

Or maybe you're just nuts like me ;) Good luck!

:gig
Sounds like when I met my wife LOL I know suck up points :)
Scotty

Latest posts