Who has goats!?

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Feel free to share your herd ❤️

I don’t have goats yet but I love them and want some eventually sooooo…

Deecarter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yep! They all have bonded beyond what I expected. Occasionally I open the gate to the other area where the dogs can run to the creek and get cooled off but I don’t let the goats there because there’s one area they can get out. When I do this, the goats go crazy looking for the dogs and cry until they come back.

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yep! They all have bonded beyond what I expected. Occasionally I open the gate to the other area where the dogs can run to the creek and get cooled off but I don’t let the goats there because there’s one area they can get out. When I do this, the goats go crazy looking for the dogs and cry until they come back.
OMG 🤣😭

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in mid Northern TN and I have lamanchas mainly with a few nigerian dwarves from higher producing lines that I can tolerate (dwarves are often coarse, rough, nasty jerks that don't milk well or for long) . I'm trying to start up a nubian herd for one of my sons, but his heart isn't in it (wants a cow) so now it's my project. Looks like we're going to be working with Saada genetics. We also have a mini saanen that I would not mind getting a buck for. Good cross.
I might be breeding some of my smaller type 12+ mo lamanchas to a dwarf this fall. If our nubian buckling can't reach our nubian doe might also be making minis. Telling myself we should not keep any of the minis, lol.
This year I mostly chopped our dwarf program. I would not mind simplifying some more but I'd like to see more progress on the lamancha front first. This is the first year we had mostly does. Previous to this the lamanchas averaged 1-2 does and 6-12 bucks per year. Not great for herd growth.