1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nigerian Dwarf Goat - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Wood vs. Rubber beehive

Discussion in 'Habitat - The Beehive' started by Amelie the Bee Keeper, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
?

Wood vs. Rubber

1. Wood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rubber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mar 1, 2018
    Amelie the Bee Keeper

Amelie the Bee Keeper Overrun with beasties

My mother is very interestead with raising bees and has found a rubber bee hive. I don't belive that a rubber one is too practical. We don't have cold winters but hotter ones. Apperntly wood warps and you need to repaint it often. I agree with haveing to repaint it often. I have done some research and I don't think that rubber isn't a good material for bee hives. What do you think and what material is better?

2. Mar 1, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Sorry, I'm no expert but have never heard of a rubber bee hive... Doing a Google search turns up a rubber bee hive toy... like 2-3 inches tall.

3. Mar 3, 2018
    Amelie the Bee Keeper

Amelie the Bee Keeper Overrun with beasties

That is what I thought since I looked and I didn't find anything. I did want to ask just to make sure tho. I do prefer wood too