Worktable Converted to Hutch

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@TAH, had an old work table "thing" they didn't want anymore, so I snatched it. Or, rather, hubby snatched it. Because he's stronger than me. I can hardly move the thing, it's so hefty!
IMG_1805_crop.jpg

I had plans to convert it into a rabbit hutch. Buuuut...I'm horribly incompetent with power tools. So when I say "we", I really mean "he" (hubby) converted the thing for me.
IMG_1844.JPG

We tore off all the front doors and put a latch on the back door. There's a hole from one side, to the other, along with a ramp so Marshmallow can easily get down. It's not in the picture, but I added a cement block to the right side so he can hop up and down more easily. He was bonking his head on the wire on his journey down...whoops.

There are still a few things to fix...the right side might need a wire bottom if Marshmallow gets any crazy ideas about digging his way to freedom. The ramp needs a few more "stairs" so he doesn't slide down. And there's a big hole in the top that'll need a wire covering. Or maybe I'll talk hubby into making a third story...We'll see. Until then, Marshmallow seems to like it.

He really needed something he could stretch out in. His other cage (a simple 30"x36" wire "box") just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Now I'm wondering what else "we" can convert into rabbit hutches...

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is super cool:clap. I bet he/marshmallow likes it a bunch;).

:woot

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
What I want to do when we get a rabbit. Hopefully I can get one:fl
ee5f0c337e283e327d9f4dc2875c9f7d.jpg

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He seems to. :)

Tell everyone, "Thanks!" again for passing along that piece of furniture!

We've also been letting him free-range a bit in the backyard. He's gotten too big to escape the fence and as long as Eh'bunny is in the rabbit run, he sticks close by!
He's also started following us around when we're outside. Which is cute. Though the dog's tried playing with him...and Marshmallow doesn't want to play!

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What I want to do when we get a rabbit. Hopefully I can get one:fl
ee5f0c337e283e327d9f4dc2875c9f7d.jpg

Ooooh! I like that one!
If you do it, are you
gonna keep it indoors or out? Ours is definitely an outdoor hutch!
Though I still have a dresser I want to convert for Eh'bunny...

IMG_1564.JPG

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What kind of rabbit will you get...?

Reactions: TAH

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we should pass Ebony back to y'all to "bunny sit". Maybe you could find a buck for stud...
How long are y'all planning on staying in your current location?

Reactions: TAH