Worming with Ivermectin - Can I feed the milk to my chickens?

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Am I the one who withholds it for three days?
nope! hee hee hee

the gal i got one of my milkers from told me this..we laughed that at least she doesnt have worms!

Aped

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
well I guess I wormed myself because I didn't throw any of the milk away when I wormed my doe. Safeguard paste says you don't have to throw milk away and although I couldn't find that little statement on the ivermectin paste. I still used the milk. Oh well, no harm done. I don't think I'll make a habit of it though.

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
makes you wonder what they use in the dairy industry, huh?
;-)

i think they use ivermec for all kinds of stock and as far as i could tell (from my research) they wont say WHAT the milk withholding period is. we generally use 30 days for the chemical wormers.

but congrats on being worm free!
:)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've been drinking / cooking with milk w/ ivomec, safeguard, and valbazen in it for years....and eggs w/ ivomec and wazine.
And milk w/ pen G and oxytet, too....

(We use drugs pretty infrequently, and we milk everyone into one big bucket, and I guess I decided long ago that the trace amounts left in the milk of 1, would be diluted by the milk of the other 5-8 we're milking.)

I am still alive....at least that's the rumor. :p

I worked in a wire harness factory for years, inhaling and handling chemicals that plainly stated, "Warning, this product is know to cause cancer." If an employee became pregnant, she was put on leave to keep from exposing the fetus to chemicals.

I guess that sort of desensitized me to fretting over trace amounts of dewormers that they use on humans anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't worry about it, but if someone forgets and drinks it....I'm living proof that it won't make you turn green or grow a 2nd head.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:

I'm not saying you shouldn't worry about it, but if someone forgets and drinks it....I'm living proof that it won't make you turn green or grow a 2nd head.
Do we really know this to be a fact ?....I mean the green and 2 heads....:lol:

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
You've seen me....:p

Of course, I did wear a bag over my second head, and put movie makeup on to cover the green face.