Wryneck

Edeki Farms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I bought a He-goat last week and had a wryneck yesterday, called the doctor, he prescribed antibiotics and other drugs. The neck was massaged and fed him with water and glucose. It died this morning. Has anyone experienced such a situation?
I am so sad as I bought it for reproduction. How do I know a healthy goat for the purpose of reproduction?

sfgwife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I bought a He-goat last week and had a wryneck yesterday, called the doctor, he prescribed antibiotics and other drugs. The neck was massaged and fed him with water and glucose. It died this morning. Has anyone experienced such a situation?
I am so sad as I bought it for reproduction. How do I know a healthy goat for the purpose of reproduction?

Contact the person you got it from. Soumds like they sold you a sick animal

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Was he showing any signs the day you got him? Was he circling at all? We had a buck come down with listeria. He managed to pull through, but its uncommonly that they do.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of listeria or goat polio. Try looking into those and see if the symptoms sound right to you based on what you observed.
I'm sorry you lost your buck.

Edeki Farms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Was he showing any signs the day you got him? Was he circling at all? We had a buck come down with listeria. He managed to pull through, but its uncommonly that they do.
No he wasn't, he was tied just to get acquaintant with the environment for two days. I was sad to see it go to be honest.