Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
big-hairy-beaver.jpg
thW2355XI6.jpg

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Phil, a few weeks ago, we suddenly heard coyotes howling within a hundred feet or so of the back porch (the woods are so dense, there coulda been a Pershing tank back there, and you'd never have seen it). I yelled at them, but they seemed unimpressed. I came in the house, pulled up a YouTube video of a wolf howling on my laptop, ran the volume all the way up and stepped out on the porch and played it. I don't know if it mattered, but I haven't heard the coyotes back there since.:idunno

Littlelakephil

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Phil, a few weeks ago, we suddenly heard coyotes howling within a hundred feet or so of the back porch (the woods are so dense, there coulda been a Pershing tank back there, and you'd never have seen it). I yelled at them, but they seemed unimpressed. I came in the house, pulled up a YouTube video of a wolf howling on my laptop, ran the volume all the way up and stepped out on the porch and played it. I don't know if it mattered, but I haven't heard the coyotes back there since.:idunno
Maybe.... When you have wolves around coyotes are scarce they don't go mingle.
Personally I'll take the coyotes any day.
Wolves scare me.... Cougars scare me.... Coyotes and bears don't bother me at all.
Although wolves aren't really gonna bother my birds the way coyotes and Foxes will.
I've been very fortunate that predators have left me alone..... Knock on wood....(and I just did)