Xerocles rabbit thread

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Temper seems to be hit and miss. I've got a doe who is super friendly and her kits seem very curious and friendly. A second doe is skittish and hands off but I can pet her occasionally; the kits from this doe are also skittish, but this last batch I fostered two to the first doe and while they are still more skittish than the foster siblings, they are a lot more friendly than the ones raised by the birth mom.

Maybe try handling the kits a bunch after you wean and hopefully they will be more friendly than the mom. I've found oats are good motivation to kits and make them tolerate being petted. Plus the oats help them gain weight.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use the rolled oats too...big help! I also wear a nail pouch..for my phone, etc..I put a kit in the pouch while I’m doing bunny chores...they don’t move an inch..they ge5 used to being held a bit. So you got the gravity watered...lucky you! I want one...but Chris put me in charge of look8ng up all the materials..and I simply keep forgetting...maybe I’ll remember after reading this? Ducks eat rabbit Pooh too..🤣🤣

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I use the rolled oats too...big help! I also wear a nail pouch..for my phone, etc..I put a kit in the pouch while I’m doing bunny chores...they don’t move an inch..they ge5 used to being held a bit. So you got the gravity watered...lucky you! I want one...but Chris put me in charge of look8ng up all the materials..and I simply keep forgetting...maybe I’ll remember after reading this? Ducks eat rabbit Pooh too..🤣🤣

Waterer. I bought a complete kit on Amazon. 20 BRASS nipples with tees, etc, plus connector for the water source (5 gal bucket in my case) plus 100 ft of black hose. I had to get the bucket and a garden hose to get to the bucket. Otherwise. One shot, one kill. $55 +free shipping. From rabbitnipples.com funny thing though. They didn't offer a "plug" for the terminal end. I squeezed it together with a pair of needlenose pliers and melted it with my lighter. No leaks anywhere so far. Only one day, but totally pleased.
One "add-on" I want to do. Install a large diameter tube for a "sight glass" on the bucket, so I know at a glance how much water I have.