York County PA- three soon to be homeless goats

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sadly, I am losing my home. I am leaving the country and moving to the city. I have found homes for three of my goats and still have three that need a home.

I have Nomad, a three year old pygmy wethers.

Dancer, a 5 year old nanny who has produced some beautiful babies and is a good mom.

City Goat, who is a young Alpine nanny. I don't know her age because she was a rescue, but she is young.

Can anyone give them a home?

I can email pics

MrsCountryChick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Are you a member of Backyardchickens.com ? Did you ever try listing them in the livestock section? .... Here:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=22

Sorry I can't be of more help. :/ Craigslist is also another place to think of, ....but I'd think on here or BYchickens would be a really great place to catch the eye of someone to take your goats. Good Luck! :fl

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Dancer is a pygmy.

York County is South Central PA. About an hour from Baltimore. 3+ hours from Pittsburgh.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in New Oxford, Adams county, about 20 miles from York. I just checked with my husband and we could give your goats a home if you could help us with the transporting of them.

We have five goats right now, two adult pygmy does, one baby doeling, also a pygmy and two pygmy/nigerian wethers, also just kids. They live full time with a Livestock guardian dog.

All of our goats are pampered pets. I would like to have a few dairy goats some day. We're getting two fainters in the spring.

We have 14 acres. About 1.5 acres is fenced for the goats. We have a mini horse and a thoroughbred mare that live in the adjoining pasture, about 30 chickens and two house dogs. You could come check out our facilities if you like. Let me know, we're practically neighbors!

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I have transported goats in a large dog kennel in my Toyota Matrix so it is possible to transport the goats in a mini van or some type of hatchback car if you can borrow or already have the big plastic dog kennels. Hope this helps with finding transport and I hope you get those goats Dianne! Good luck.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
I have transported goats in a large dog kennel in my Toyota Matrix so it is possible to transport the goats in a mini van or some type of hatchback car if you can borrow or already have the big plastic dog kennels. Hope this helps with finding transport and I hope you get those goats Dianne! Good luck.
I have a big wire dog kennel and a pickup truck. I just don't know if that would be too cold for them? I gues we could cover it with tarps, we've done that in the past. I certainly have the space for more goats, cuts down on the mowing! If it works out, I guess it was meant to be. We'll have to wait and see!

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Since you are only 20 miles away, I would think the wire dog kennel with the tarp would be ok. They might be a little cold but it is a short enough distance that they will certainly survive.

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They have their winter fur right now. I think they would be fine. Or, I could fit a couple of them in my Montero

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
dianneS said:
ksalvagno said:
I have a big wire dog kennel and a pickup truck. I just don't know if that would be too cold for them? I gues we could cover it with tarps, we've done that in the past. I certainly have the space for more goats, cuts down on the mowing! If it works out, I guess it was meant to be. We'll have to wait and see!
If it works out you are my Christmas Angel.

I was awake last night for hours worrying about what would happen to them if I don't find homes before I move on January 16th. I don't want to put them in a shelter.

Latest posts