Young female rabbits dying, pls help.

Mountain Wampus

Just born
Reaction score
I happen to have a bottle of tramadol. I have 100 aches but I don't take pills any more if I can help it so they are available! The simethicone is a wonderful idea and if the weather lets us off the mountain anytime soon I'll pick some up. There was a little teeth yesterday matter of fact.

Thank you all for the support :)

Mountain Wampus

Just born
Reaction score
So I nearly froze hand watering the last of the sick girls last night. she'd lick water off my finger constantly but wouldn't drink from the waterer by herself. stayed till she'd had her fill and was nibbling hay / oatmeal. When I came in this morning she won't lick water off my fingers even if I rub up in its gums. Not drinking now, another long day ahead. :th

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh dear.
Have you checked her hydration levels. Does her skin pop back in place quickly.
I know how you are feeling.
Do you have some ben e pak on hand? It comes in a packet or in little tubes. Its an electrolye formula for rabbits. It can be found at most farm stores. You can try to get some of that into her.
The critical thing is to get her intestinal track functional again.

Mountain Wampus

Just born
Reaction score
it's over, the last of the sick ones needed to be put down this afternoon. It had been improving a bit till this morning :( The exposed wood that got them sick has been covered & the hard lesson learned. On the upside my NZ doe is going to give birth any day now :)

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Dang. This raising animals thing can be hard.
Hopefully the rest of the herd is fine.

Mountain Wampus

Just born
Reaction score
Rest of the herd is just fine. Though there is a black buck out there that doesn't know he's a buck! He's not interested & has me thinking my auction purchase is a 'fixed buck. I put a doe next door to him w just the wire fence between them to see if he would react to her or spray or act like a man in some fashion. Nothing. I believe we'll be having black rabbit stew for dinner tonight :) OH the fun surprises from animal auctions!