young rabbit breeding?

pennylove

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I thought you didn't have any kind of pedigree or positive breed identification for your rabbits? Why the rush to breed them?

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
technically females CAN breed as young as 4 months however its not healthy for them...
for small breeds i wouldnt breed before 6 months of age...for larger breeds i wait untill 8 months.

Blackhereford boy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
pennylove said:
I thought you didn't have any kind of pedigree or positive breed identification for your rabbits? Why the rush to breed them?
Byh members told me what they were and I plan on geting more this is for future refrense

Blackhereford boy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
PinkFox said:
technically females CAN breed as young as 4 months however its not healthy for them...
for small breeds i wouldnt breed before 6 months of age...for larger breeds i wait untill 8 months.
Thank you

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do you start your own lines if not breed them? You don't need pedigrees, they are just a family tree. Making your own takes time and you won't be able to sell any with papers until you've bred and raised up 3 generations. Great grand kids w/records will get you those pedigrees...and time.

pennylove

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Blackhereford boy said:
Penneylove I'm sorry if my post came out rude :hide
Not at all! I was just curious why you were interested in breeding because I had seen your original post asking for breed identification . . . it seemed strange that you would purchase an unknown breed of rabbits if you were interested in breeding in the first place. But it's neat that you like them so much you're thinking about breeding in the future.

Latest posts