Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello all! I am not your typical farmer and have avoided stating my age on this site because I have a problem with wanting others to look up to me rather than down on me for my age and “lack of experience” even though I consider myself pretty knowledgeable (when it comes to animals)

My name is Emma V. I am a 17 yr old farmer that lives in Conover nc. I decided to create a journal to share with others the past present and future hopes of my journey on 3:19 Farms, the farm I know and love and hope to live on forever.

So! Here’s some random facts about myself and the types of animals I have on my farm. I hunt, fish, trap, tan hides, do my own taxidermy, ride horses, run, and have done all of these things for years. I love attempting new things and trying new foods (I’ve eaten anything from raw rabbit liver to boiled squirrel brains). I am one of 6 children living in a four bedroom two bathroom house seated on a 18 acre farm.
I have around 200 egg laying chickens, 10 African/Chinese/Toulouse geese, 7 ducks, 7 turkeys, 8 New Zealand/Flemish meat rabbits, 6 barn cats, two Great Pyrenees, two pit bulls, 2 peacocks, 12 bee hives, 4 goats, two of which are possibly pregnant, and am looking to add a horse. I own, manage, and pay for all of these animals (except the bees)
I love my life and love helping others, I plan on going to vet school fall of 2023.
I will willingly give the names of all animals (to anyone wanting to know) that ARE named (it’s kinda hard to name 200 chickens)

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a wonderful way to grow up! Count your blessings!
YES! YES! YES! Go to vet school! Please treat sheep and goats! So many do not only not treat them, but don’t know squat and don’t want to learn. You will make a terrific vet!

I name my animals too. Don’t have pigs now, but I have little granddaughters name the feeder pigs. They get excited over the pigs, knowing they will get sausage, pork chops and bacon from them. Sometimes they name the sheep. Best one yet is Frimplepants.

We will be your cheering section and support as you continue your journey.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope the others in your family share your enthusiasm for farming. Do you garden? Do you market your eggs? Young blood wanting to love farming is a positive in my book!
No most don’t except for my dad but he’s too busy to take care of the animals, we have tried gardening and I worked at a market garden for a long time but decided that animals are my passion. YES! We do market our eggs, honey, and some rabbit meat at two local farmers markets.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still out of town for the next 8 days. Farm sitters called this morning and the power went out overnight. Almost lost my batch of ayam cemani chicks and my two peahens😬. Goats, rabbits and chickens were fine, got down to 4 degrees there, -7 here. Shows you just how tough our animals are. Power was back up by the time the sitters were done with chores. Qinzer, our Great Pyrenees, chewed the hose to bits🙄, but oh well…

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still out of town for the next 8 days. Farm sitters called this morning and the power went out overnight. Almost lost my batch of ayam cemani chicks and my two peahens😬. Goats, rabbits and chickens were fine, got down to 4 degrees there, -7 here. Shows you just how tough our animals are. Power was back up by the time the sitters were done with chores. Qinzer, our Great Pyrenees, chewed the hose to bits🙄, but oh well…
I’m glad everything is ok.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I decided to create a journal to share with others the past present and future hopes of my journey on 3:19 Farms, the farm I know and love and hope to live on forever.
I think it’s really cool that at your age you know what you want in life and have this as a goal. I’m sure you will be successful.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sitter contacted me today. Maggie pearl, one of our Great Pyrenees, chewed up her automatic waterer, we seem to have a problem with her chewing EVERYTHING, tried giving her toys, nope she goes to the stuff she can’t have. Everything else is seeming to do alright, so that’s good. Will be drawing blood from one of my does when I get home for a 45 day blood pregnancy test, never done it before but my mom is a nurse practitioner and is experienced in drawing blood, so maybe that will help, excited to get results…