Your rabbit setups??

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I googled and came up with a rabbit show about four hours from where I live. I doubt I'd be able to make it this weekend. But I will certainly keep that option in mind for when I am able to travel. Thank you for the idea!

Eia

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Genipher said:
Hmmmm. I googled and came up with a rabbit show about four hours from where I live. I doubt I'd be able to make it this weekend. But I will certainly keep that option in mind for when I am able to travel. Thank you for the idea!
Your welcome!

I figure the price of the item plus shipping gets me every time. To me it seems I save a few bucks traveling then to have it shipped. I was going to buy a cage online and it costs just as much as the product to ship it to me. For example the product was 52.00 well the shipping they told me was 47.00. So I went to a show that was 3 hours away and got 2 cages (which I ended up needing anyway) for a little less than what I was going to pay to have it shipped. :)

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Eia said:
Genipher said:
Your welcome!

I figure the price of the item plus shipping gets me every time. To me it seems I save a few bucks traveling then to have it shipped. I was going to buy a cage online and it costs just as much as the product to ship it to me. For example the product was 52.00 well the shipping they told me was 47.00. So I went to a show that was 3 hours away and got 2 cages (which I ended up needing anyway) for a little less than what I was going to pay to have it shipped. :)
I've found that a lot lately. I wanted to order a end cap for the trim on my horse trailer. The part was 25 cents but their minimum shipping was $9. I called them and they said if that was all I needed they could lower shipping to $4. I'm still looking for the end cap.....

SillyChicken

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No photos... but I have 3 rows, stacked 3 high, of 30x30 cages. I wish I had 30 x24 so I could reach in and get the rabbits without almost crawling inside the cage! I also have a stack of 3, 36 x36 that I move my does into to kindle and raise their kits. All are housed in a 12 x 16 shed we built.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We made our own rabbitry, I'll have to get photos, but we did NOT stack the cages.

This is a gross question, but when they urinate doesn't it drip out the sides and down to the rabbit below? My males especially seem to pee out towards the sides of their enclosures.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can place urine guards on the sides to deflect the stream to the pan. Works -- sometimes!:rolleyes:

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
lastfling said:
You can place urine guards on the sides to deflect the stream to the pan. Works -- sometimes!:rolleyes:
X2. I've been lucky so far. Their aim has been in the litter box. Only a few accidents. And that happens. :)

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I started out with a 4'x10' one sided shed and have hanging cages. I had my trio in that. As some time went by I made the next addition that will more then feed my family and have others to sell to a few friends.
1521_breeders8510.jpg

The addition made the whole unit 4x26' and I have 9 hanging cages. Very easy upkeep and easy to keep clean. I clean my manure pit out 2-3 times a year. Saves on a lot of time cleaning cages. I love the set up. Running 5 chickens under them really keeps the odors down and the manure turned. Its wonderful!!!

1521_rcshed7cgs.jpg

I know longer use the a-frame for the chickens and have a much nicer set up. The chickens and rabbits have about a 12'x45' area. Then the chickens run my huge yard most of the day.
I do have to say I am quite shocked more people do not raise rabbit to help feed their families. Concidering one Florida White will feed us two adults two meals. I just love that!

the lady w/ 2 rescue cockers, rescue rotty, german shepherd, fostering an american bulldog, 5 city chickens (who will run the yard with the dogs) 6 meat rabbits, their kits and a snake

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hubby used a piece polycarbonate corrugated roofing, framed it, put hinges on it & it can be put up or down in front of the rabbit cages. We had experienced horrendous rains in the spring & babies got wet. So, we're hoping this remedies that problem. My only concern is the wind taking it away.........but hubby is not into suggestions. Jeeze, he's so touchy. :)

I wish I had more money to put into the set-up, but I don't. :(